Sunday, July 31, 2005

Please Give Blood


Today I prepared myself mentally to donate blood. Something that I have never done before with the excuse that I was under the minimum weight required.

Initially the nurse was hesitant to give me the go-ahead after I stood on the weighing machine. 46-47kg...she wasn't sure if I met. Well, a senior nurse gave the go-ahead and I proceeded to get my finger pricked. I was ready to be jabbed with a needle the size of a yakult straw. Unfortunately, my veins on both arms are too fine. They couldn't find any suitable veins for the "yakult straw needle" and I was turned away.

This is smug Sarah showing off her cute band used to exert direct pressure to the wound after the blood donation. She is a 10-time blood donor! What a waste! I was told that I could have chosen a green band with dinosaurs.... Posted by Picasa

No comments: