Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Day I Made Marble Cake

It has been a long while since I baked. So I turned Auntie for the day, went NTUC to buy ingredients, braved the slight rain and started baking. Here are some steps:



You will need hard butter and sugar (which is not shown here).

Sift flour.

Put them together and cream at high speed. Meanwhile beat the eggs, add milk and vanilla essence.

Prepare the chocolate powder and flour for a separate mixture.

Follow the above instructions. Don't forget to preheat your oven.

Then wait, wait and wait.



Finally after some newspaper reading, online chatting, it was ready. Unfortunately, it turned out less than what I expected. The middle part sank in partly due to the oven temperature and also the sudden drop of the entire tray when my hand accidentally touched the heating coil.




 Posted by Picasa

My Learning Outcomes:

If your cake doesn't turn out successful, tell people you were making kuei kuei instead.

Snapping pictures are each stage can turn into a consolation when your cakes don't turn out well. You still have pictures to play with.

I need oven gloves!

No comments: