Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I am not one who can embrace new things very well. I treasure the old, no matter how old. Down to the little satchet of shampoo from Vryheid's Oxford Lodge in 1996. The smell of it somehow transports me back to South Africa. Yet I like to throw stuff away as well. Was taking pictures of some frames hung in my room. They are gifts from my sister's previous love interest. I don't think I can find anything given to me by past loves. Not many in the first place, the rest have probably been sent to the incinerator long ago. I still remember the sadness when I kissed Mookie goodbye and threw her down the chute. Goodbye.

Change, no one likes. Resistance, we all put up. Yet the only way to improve is change. Wouldn't it be sad if we all remain at our present state for the next 10 years. There would be no growth if for each year, we are but repeating the same things. Absolutely no growth. Does your graph have an ascending pattern or is it only reflecting a regular pattern of ups and downs? I pray I do not go through 10 years or the same cycle. How about you?

2 Corinthians 5:17
17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

No comments: